Belief in The Bible
Do you believe everything in
Do you believe everything in The Bible or just parts of it?
You cannot pick and choose what you want to believe is correct or
If you do not believe in any part of it you are saying that part
This means that you cannot believe in any other part of The Bible
as it may be wrong so also incorrect and you are not in a real
position to say that.
This also means you cannot believe anything it says about Christ
as it says may also be incorrect
This means you may not be redeemed as the parts talking about it
may not be correct and also what is says about how to be saved is
So you cannot say what it means to be a Christian as you cannot
trust what The Bible says about Christianity and how you become one
or live as one.
God and His requirements are found in The Bible and you said it
has errors in it so that it cannot be trusted.
The problem with modern bibles is that they start from an
assumption that we do not have the original Bible so need to correct
what we have so we can say what the original Bible said.. The
problem is they cannot know if their corrections are correct so you
cannot really trust what modern bibles say because of this.They removed
20% of the King James Bible. God really made a lot of mistakes in
the people He chose to copy it!
(Neville Salvetti 160619)
Many Christians belief the stories in Genesis are a myth. They do not realise the consequences of this attitude. Once you realise what you are actually saying by this attitude you will be horrified.
If you do not believe in Genesis 3 (The Fall) then there is no need for Jesus and The New Testament.
This little document aims to show you what happens when you do not believe in any part of Genesis or other parts of The Bible.
Genesis Ch 1, 3 & 8 Creation, The Fall of Man and the Worldwide Flood
These three events are a major test of your faith in God and who you believe He is
If you believe He is God you will believe in all these these things because you believe He is able to do these things
you do not believe He is God then you will not believe in these things
because you do not believe He is a God and able to do these things. You cannot be a follower of Jesus who believed these things.
Do you believe God created everything in 6 days?
- You have the faith God requires to do His Will
- You will not have the problems evolution causes people
- You do not believe you are wiser than God to declare what He has or has not done (making you a god to be able to judge God)
do not need to correct The Bible to say what you believe it says
because you will believe He is able to preserve it as He said He could.
- You will not need to find alternative ways things occurred which require more faith than believing these events happened
are accepting beliefs and theories that have not been scientifically
proved but only assumed and are really only hypotheses as they have not
been proven only assumed and really cannot be proved given the short
lifespan of mankind.
- You do not believe God could create everything in six days or you would accept a six day creation
- You must find an alternative system for the formation of the universe and the earth
must find an alternative to the God of The Bible and a holy book you
can believe in because you say the God of The Bible lied or has been
incorrectly quoted so you no longer can believe any of The Bible.
is the only alternative you can believe in for the formation of the
earth and universe, which states that there was nothing before the
universe and you would break all the laws of physics having energy
being created out of nothing
- You are saying that:
- God has no real part in the creation of all things we know which exist and that all is an accident
spontaneously came into existence from things that did not have life
(you believe life was created from nothing rather than an all powerful
God created it)
- God's order and discipline is not in the universe or it would be firstly seen in creation
- Chance is the guide in everything and there is no divine plan behind all that happens
- God has no right to make plans for or to influence creation as He did not make it
- You can have no moral absolutes unless you can find a god who morals you can believe in
- You can have no eternal purpose for life as God has no authority to give you one as He did not create you
are your own god as you reject the God of The Bible and can do what you
want as there is no God to judge you (so you believe)
after death may exist but God has no right to have a part in it as He
did not create you so does not own you to be able to make plans for you
or to control what happens to you
Do you modify Genesis to fit in with scientific beliefs?
You do not believe God can create in six days so have the problems those above of those who answered ‘No’ above.
If you said ‘No’ because
you want to believe the Bible but want to accept what science says then
you really do not believe God would create in six days or you would
reject this way of these events happening and you would have many of
the problems of those who do not believe in six day creation.
Do you believe there was a fall of mankind into sin?
- You believe Jesus is necessary to complete God’s plan for you
- You believe in Salvation and Redemption
- You will obey God to preserve these
- You will tell others of these things because they are good for other people and God's Love in you causes you to do this
cannot believe in Jesus and all He did for you as He is not necessary
because there is no fall of man for Him to die and remove the effects,
of which was His main purpose for coming to earth.
will not love others as God does and will have a self-motivated
expression of love. You may try to love as God Loves but you are really
following a god that works within the limitations you have given him
and because He is not the God of true Love you will not be able to
express this in you to its fullest extent
- The New Testament is irrelevant and unnecessary at it revoles around Jesus and Redemption which you believe cannot occur.
need to find a way of salvation you can believe in and you know is
correct as you cannot trust anything The Bible says about it or
anything else it states about anything to do with these things. You
cannot pick and choose what parts of The Bible you want to believe in. It
is all or none because once you start to pick and choose what you want
to believe in you are no longer following the God who wrote it and have
made your own bible
Do you think there was a Worldwide Noahic flood?
- You will understand Geology correctly
- You will know God's judgement and Grace to Noah and all who follow God
will not fruitlessly need to search for explanation of things in
geology regardless of how improbable they may seem or scientifically
incorrect they are
- You will have to believe in evolution as an alternative to the flood to explain earth geology and formation
- You will not understand geology correctly
will always be looking for explanations to refute the things that show
the worldwide flood occurred regardless of how improbable or impossible
these explanations are
- You cannot believe what The Bible says in Genesis about the flood so you cannot use The Bible as you believe it has error
Overall consequence of saying "Yes" to belief in the above three events
- You believe the God of the Bible and all He said
- You believe all The Bible says
- You know what Salvation and Redemption is
- You know how to live to obtain and preserve these
- You will express God’s Love and Control over all things
- You will learn how to explain and defend these events against their critics
Overall consequence of saying "No!"
- Jesus is irrelevant to you as all these point to Him in some way
Believe God lied in the first verse of The Bible and in subsequent
chapters of Genesis so you cannot believe anything in The Bible as you
do not know where else He lied. If
you believe God did not lie but that the translation of these chapters
is wrong you cannot believe anything else in it as they may have been
- You do not believe what Jesus did as He believed in all these events
- You cannot be a follower of Jesus as you do not believe what He believed
- You worship a different God to that of The Bible and Jesus and need a different holy book you can trust in place of The Bible
cannot believe anything The Bible says or use it as you believe it has
error in it so by using any of it you may be promoting error
- You do not know what else in it is in error
- You cannot accept what it says about salvation and redemption as it may be incorrect
- You need to find a god you can believe in and trust
- You need to find a 'Bible' you can believe in and trust
have to create your own morality without any absolute being (a god) to
compare your values with you can trust completely and believe in
will have to promote evolution or modify the Bible creation in some way
(which is the same as rejecting what it says and is what modern
theologians have done in modern bibles to justify their lack of faith)
and will have to promote whatever you believe in and not what God says
will have trouble relating to a God you reject in part or whole as
salvation is a relationship and you will compromise your salvation and
even lose it.
- You believe God did not create everything
does not have ultimate authority so there is no absolute authority to
underpin all other authority (you can basically do what you want).
- He does not own all things as He did not make them
- His Will is not important as He has no right to enforce it on a creation He did not created
- You can do anything with what you posses as He did not make it so you have the right to determine what to do with it
- You do not believe He has moral authority over man as He did not create mankind
has no right to punish anyone as He did not make them and cannot make
moral laws for them because He is not their creator or maker
has no right to judge anyone or anything in creation or to even
interfere with it in any way as according to you He did not create
these things so has no right of ownership or control over them
- Jesus is not necessary as there was no sin against an infinite God needing infinite sacrifice to appease. This means redemption is not necessary
has no right to destroy the earth through a flood as sin was not
against Him as He had not created us to have the right to make our
- You do not believe God has any authority to formulate or evaluate morals
- God cannot make you obey His laws unless He makes you His prisoner and forces His Will on you because He did not create you.
- If He made you His prisoner He would not be god of Love
- The Love of God and The Father are not relevant as we have not sinned against God to need them. The Holy Spirit has no right to guide and instruct us in the things of a god we do not believe in.
God shows us His love it is not because of Jesus as Jesus cannot redeem
us because we have not sinned against God (there was no fall to do this
and He has no right to judge us for our failings anyway as He did not
are in charge of your life and purposes unless you find another god to
follow and even then you will be the one determining what you believe
and how you want to obey this god.
- You cannot reject any part of The Bible in part or whole as it means you cannot trust any of it or The God who wrote it.
do this you must believe the reasonings of men who do not believe God
could create things in six days or that the other events happened.
only person who promotes this belief system is Satan so that those
believing these things have been deluded by Satan to believe these
things as God would not persuade them to believe these things.
- There are no fence sitters as there can be no grey area in belief for or against these things.
- You will not seek the scientific truth to show the possibility that God created in six days or that the other events happened
- You do not believe in an infinite God, whose marks are all over
creation. It takes more faith to believe in men, who are finite and
what they believe is correct about creation and the deluge but only
reason it from what they see and do not accept any other rational
explanation because they do not really believe in God or they would
accept all these events as being under the control of God.
say Genesis Ch 1-3 are myths or allegory is to remove the need for
Jesus and His coming as one of the major proposes for this coming to
earth is for our redemption, which only is relevant if there was a fall! You also remove the need for a New Testament.
- You cannot trust the prophets who were used to write The Bible
result of not believing in Genesis chapters 1 to 3 is that you cannot
believe anything a prophet said in the Old Testament.
said he spoke through the prophets so according to you deluded prophets
or normal men wrote Geneses ch 1-11 as you believe they are myths, You
are saying a prophet did not write what God said or that God did not
speak through the prophet. This means you cannot really trust anything
prophets said in the Old Testament. If one prophet got it wrong how do you know others did not get it wrong?
the prophets said cannot be trusted because you do not believe what a
prophet wrote about in Genesis which means you cannot trust what other
prophets have written.
- Everything that was prophesied about Jesus cannot be believed:
- All the requirements of Him to be born as The Messiah
- The work The Messiah would do
- The death of The Messiah and what would accomplish
- What the Messiah would usher in (the kingdom of God)
- All the Messiah taught and did
also means that God of the Bible lied according to you about His
ability to have His Bible correctly written down and passed onto to
Who do you prefer to believe: God or mans?